Michael Eric Dyson
Michael Eric Dyson is a Professor of Sociology at Georgetown University.
Dyson has alleged that there has been a “resurgence” of white supremacy under a conservative presidency. In an interview with Tucker Carlson, he has also asked for whites to pay reparations to black communities to offset America’s legacy of racism. During a debate on political correctness in 2018 with Professor Jordan Peterson, Dyson repeatedly referred to Peterson as just a “mean, mad, old, white, man.”
Just prior to Independence Day 2019, Dyson appeared on MSNBC and compared the iconic Betsy Ross Flag to a Nazi Swastika,
“Well, it hails from the Revolutionary period, of course, of this nation’s founding, which was deeply embroiled in, you know, enslavement, of the owners of slaves…..Right-wing white supremacists have used it as a rallying cry for their own cause.”
“Words matter, symbols matter too. Why don’t we wear a swastika for July Fourth? Because I don’t know, it makes a difference.”
Dyson is also associated with the notorious anti-Semite and Nation of Islam leader, Louis Farrakhan. In 2010, Dyson participated in a roundtable discussion hosted by PBS with Farrakhan and interviewed him the same year about the economic condition of black communities.
- Georgetown University Profile: Eric Michael Dyson
- WGLT: Dyson At ISU: White Supremacy Sees Resurgence
- WATCH: Dyson: Whites should open individual reparations accounts
- WATCH: Debate on Political Correctness
- WATCH: We Count!
- The Final Call: Minister Louis Farrakhan's Interview on The Michael Eric Dyson Show
- Michael Eric Dyson on Betsy Ross Flag Symbolism: ‘Why Don’t We Wear a Swastika for July Fourth?’