San Francisco State University
Rabab Abdulhadi is a professor of Arab & Muslim Ethnicities & Diasporas and Race & Resistance Studies at San Francisco State University.
Abdullah is regarded as a virulently anti-Israel activist. At a UCLA lecture, she equated support for Israel with white supremacy, and reportedly asked Jewish Israel supporters to distance themselves from “white supremacy.”
In 2018, Abdullhadi declared that Zionists are not welcome at SFSU in a lengthy Facebook post.
Abdulhadi is most notorious for using taxpayer funds in 2014 to meet with convicted terrorists. As part of a university-sponsored trip, she led a delegation of academics and activists to the Middle East to meet convicted terrorists Leila Khaled and Sheikh Raed Salah. Abdulhadi was already known for her attempts to establish ties between San Francisco State University with universities in the West Bank, which has a strong presence of the terrorist group, Hamas.
Abdulhadi drew further outrage when she announced her chairmanship of a panel including Leila Khaled. A member of a US-designated terror organization, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP), Khaled hijacked numerous airplanes in the 1970s on behalf of the PFLP. Dismissing criticism of the events, Abdulhadi claimed the pushback was organized by a supposed “Jewish Caucus.”
- Canary Mission - Rabab Abdulhadi
- UCLA student files federal complaint against school, alleging anti-Semitism
- San Francisco State Univ. funds professors’ Middle East meeting with terrorists
- Rabab Abdulhadi Promotes Hamas-Dominated Palestinian Universities
- ‘Zionists Not Welcome’: San Francisco State University’s Apology to Jewish Community Sparks Backlash
- SFSU Professor Goes on Antisemitic Rant About a 'Jewish Caucus' Being 'Islamophobic' for Opposing Terrorist Speech
- Zoom cancels event featuring Palestinian hijacker Leila Khaled